Friday, January 15, 2010

Sweet Question

This morning around 6:30, Avery came in my room while I was still laying in bed and asked me a question. She grabbed my hand and asked:

"Mom, did you see Jesus a long time ago?"

I was still kind of half asleep, so I wasn't sure if I heard her right. "What did you say Avery?" I asked.

"Did you see Jesus a long time ago?"

My answer to her was that, yes, I had seen Jesus a long time ago before I was born and that she saw Him too before she was born. We don't remember though because that was a long time ago when we were in heaven.

Avery's response was, "Oh, okay, Mom. I'm going to go get dressed now." Then she went in her room and got dressed for school. It was a short conversation, but a question I will never forget. I love that girl :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Love that sweet girl!

Lindsay said...

She is such a good little girl. So smart!!

Cami and Phil said...

Wow, she is amazing. Did she have a dream about Him I wonder?

alisha said...

aren't you grateful for such moments? they are the best:) your cute girls make me so sad my kids are getting sooo old!

Erin said...

Kids just amaze me sometimes. That sounds like a sweet way to wake up.