Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009

Well, better late than never, right? I am finally posting our Christmas pics. The first two are of Avery and Hayden with Santa at our ward Christmas party. This was actually their FIRST time sitting on Santa's lap. I know - I am a bad parent, but we have not lived by a real mall for more than 5 years, so that has something to do with it :)

On the Monday night before Christmas, I found out that Santa would be at the Dillard's here, so the girls got to take pictures with Santa again. They are kinda blurry because I just copied and pasted from the website that they were uploaded to instead of purchasing the photos for a fortune.Avery and Hayden had a great time, but Kiley was not digging the whole Santa thing.The Sunday night before Christmas, we had dinner and a nice evening at Brandon's dad's house. They got all of us fleece sweatshirts, which have been worn almost every day since then. Christmas Eve was spent at my parents' house. We had Mexican food, had a white elephant gift exchange, and hung out with cousins and family. My parents got us a new vacuum (hooray) and a Best Buy gift card for Brandon, as well as lots of fun toys for the girls. Unfortunately, we forgot our camera at both houses :( but we had a great time.Christmas morning was so much fun this year! I think it gets better every year as our kids get older. Santa brought Avery a new Barbie scooter, Hayden a collection of Littlest Pet Shops, and a Sit-and-Spin toy for Kiley.Kiley and Ginger hanging out with all the wrapping paper.Avery also got a new toy guitar which plays five different songs just by strumming your fingers on it. It's pretty fun actually. After opening presents, we had our usual fried mush, sausage, and orange julius breakfast. We invited the missionaries to partake in the feast with us and it was fun to have them over. I wish we had taken a picture with them, but the cameras were resting for a few hours that day.After breakfast, we got dressed and went up to Grandma Dorothy's house (Brandon's mom) and had lunch, opened gifts, and played at the park. The girls got a Littlest Pet Shop Adoption Center playhouse, which they love, and tons of new Littlest Pet Shops to add to their collection. Brandon and I got the Beatles Rock Band game and a beautiful clock from his sister Erin.

Grandma Dorothy with Avery.Grandma and Hayden.Grandma and Kiley.Grandma and Eliza (cousin).Mommy & Kiley.Avery testing out the new scooter. She LOVES that thing!

Kiley running around. The park is a great place for her :)

Hayden running around at the park with Ginger. It was such a gorgeous day and everyone had such a great time at the park. After the park, we drove home in the afternoon, ate cereal for dinner and watched one of the new movies we got for Christmas. It was such a fun and relaxing day. I love Christmas!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Brandon took some nice pictures. Love the ones with Mom! We had fun with you guys and glad you like the clock. Your girls are so cute and our boys love playing with them. Looks like a great Christmas.

Trisha said...

Your girls look so grown up! I haven't seen them in forever!