Avery got some $ for her a birthday a few weeks ago, so I told her I would take her to Target to pick out a new toy. She was so excited to go to the store and wanted to hold the $ in the car. When we got there, she counted it and she had $6 all together. She knows exactly where the toys are at Target so she walked quickly over to the aisles with all the girl toys. To my surprise however, she said, "I want to buy something for Hayden." I told her that it was very nice of her to offer to buy something for her sister, but she might not have enough money to buy a toy for herself and for Hayden. She insisted though and told me, "Hayden wants a new dollie." The princess dolls were actually on sale for $6, so Hayden picked a new Ariel doll and Avery proudly and lovingly handed it to her.
That was definitely one of those tender, melt-your-mom's-heart moments. I was so proud of Avery that she made that decision with absolutely no prodding from me. I gave her a big hug and told her that I was so proud of her and that Jesus was proud of her too for doing something nice for her sister. I told her I would give her some extra money to pick something out for herself too. So after walking up and down the aisles, she finally settled on a teeball and bat set and both girls left Target with their new toys.
I Do Now
4 days ago
10 comments:
How sweet is she?! What a good sister!
Sounds like you have a little tomboy.
That is too cute! What a sweetheart. She is so fun in Primary. She has the most loving voice I have ever heard! What a cutie!!
What a sweetheart.
that is seriously so sweet! I love when they do stuff like that!
So precious!
What a sweet girl! Nate would never share!
What a sweet loving little angel you have... but she is being taught by wonderful parents too. She learns from example. Keep up the GREAT work!!
What a great story that is..and what a nice sister! It sounds like you guys have taught her well.
Soooo I am so glad I finally got to get a little caught up with you guys! I've been going back to older posts and I can not believe the past few months you guys have had! Poor Hayden! It gave me chills when I read about her falling. I am glad things are better now and getting back to normal. How exciting you guys moved into a new house!
So do you teach pre-school? I take it you do...You would make the greatest teacher. You are so loving and kind with kids.
Anyway, thanks again for finding me and I will be adding you to my list so I can keep in touch with you guys!
What a sweetie!
Post a Comment