Monday, March 16, 2009

On 2 Legs Again

Well, this is quite late, but Hayden started taking steps on her own about a week and a half ago. I was eating lunch one day and she said, "Mommy, look at me." She was standing up in the kitchen without holding on to the table and she was so proud of herself. She slowly started letting go of things and taking more and more steps. She is still limping a little and not stable all the time, but she is doing so much better.She had just finished eating lunch and spilled on herself - hence the spots on her shirt.She has to put her hands down sometimes to get her balance back, but she gets back up pretty quickly.

Happy Hayden walking :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see Hayden is doing so well!

Amy & Leland Sherwood said...

oh Brooke.... That is super great that Hayden is doing so well. SHe will get back to normal in no time. Thats what I like about kids so much, no matter what they always seem to bounce back easy. Wish I had that ability still!!!

Jen said...

that is fabulous!! she is so cute! I am glad that your life just got that much easier!!

Hayley said...

Oh Beautiful Hayden! Your a good mama for hangin there- I'm sure it's the excitement of those first few steps like when they were little all over again! I love her haircut too- she really is a cutie!

cwilson said...

It looks like Hayden is steadily improving! Happy Birthday by the way! You are so old! It seems like yesterday we were staying up into the wee hours playing pac man and eating chex mix and otter pops! Where has the time gone?

Lonni said...

So happy for her!( and you)She is doing great! It was nice to see you all back in church too.

Trisha said...

Glad to see that she is doing well! I'm so happy for her...and for you!

Caralee said...

Hooray! I'm so glad that she keeps progressing so well. How exciting!