Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our Boo-tiful Halloween

The night before Halloween, we carved pumpkins as a family. That really meant that the girls helped pick out some patterns from our pumpkin-carving kit and Brandon and I did the carving. It had been years since either of us had done this, so we thought they turned out pretty well for being amateurs.
Brandon tried to make the same scary face as the pumpkin.

Avery was our little BALLERINA this year. This was the first time in years she didn't want to be a princess.
Hayden was a CAT this year. She loved her tail, which you can't see in the picture. I couldn't find cat ears anywhere, so I actually made some out of pipe cleaners and felt. They did the job. I painted a black nose and whiskers on her before we left, but she did not like it at all, so I had to clean it off.
And here's Kiley, our little LADYBUG. I grabbed her costume as we were leaving for our ward trunk-or-treat party and when we got there I realized I forgot her pants! I grabbed two shirts instead of pants and a shirt. So, she was our little scandalous ladybug. Thankfully the weather was fabulous and she was not cold with her bare legs.

Me and the girls. I was sort of festive this year in my glow-in-the-dark Trick or Treat shirt. I purchased it at Old Navy the day before for $1.50.
Daddy and the girls. They sure love their daddy. He's usually the photographer and not in the pictures, so I'm glad we got one of him with the kiddos this time.
It didn't take long for the ladybug to fall asleep on the way home :)
Avery showing off the loot when we got home.

A close-up of the butterfly painted on her face by the young women at the party. She did not want to wash it off the next day, but it had to go before church.
Hayden was in heaven with all of her candy. She has a major sweet tooth and will do just about anything for a treat.
A happy ending to a fun Halloween night. The kids slept well that night and of course we snuck some candy out of their buckets while they were sleeping. I have had way too much chocolate over the past few days. It must be holiday season!

Happy Halloween!!

5 comments:

cwilson said...

You guys are serious pros with that pumpkin carving! I'm impressed! All your girls looked so cute! Looks like a lot of fun!

Erin said...

Love the pumpkins you carved! We didn't get ours carved this year and I missed it. The girls' costumes look really cute. See you all on Saturday.

alisha said...

your pumpkins are amazing! i usually make matt do all that, lol! your girls are absolutely adorable:)

The Tyler's said...

They all looked adorable in their costumes. I love that you grabbed 2 shirts! Classic!

Trisha said...

Your kids look so cute! And great job on the pumpkins.