Well, this week hasn't been quite what I was hoping for. Brandon went out of town on Monday night to do some training in Flagstaff, so we decided to go out to dinner before he left. We haven't been anywhere as a family since Christmas, so we were all looking forward to going. Right before we got in the car to leave though, Hayden threw up on Brandon's lap, thus our plans changed for the night. I went to a drive-thru for dinner and Brandon left after we ate. About an hour after he left, I started feeling the sore throat/congestion stuff coming and from then it has spread to all of us. Brandon got home from Flagstaff last night and we were eating dinner together and all five of us were coughing at the table - it was pretty funny.
On the bright side, Hayden has been much more mobile over the last few days. She is not standing or walking on her own yet, but she is finding ways to get around the house and can even crawl up and down the stairs by herself. She can take a few steps if I hold her up and can stand up while holding onto the couch. I have been trying to let her figure out how to get something by herself so she is not so dependent on me or someone else to help her. She scoots on her bum a lot and sometimes crawls, but eventually she will figure out a way to get from one room to the next and when she does, she looks at me with this proud smile and is so happy that she did it by herself. It's a little hard to watch her struggling sometimes, but I know I have to let her do it so she can build up the strength in her legs again and the confidence in herself. Her right leg is really weak and shaky when she puts pressure on it, so she will most likely limp on it for a while after she does start walking, but it will get better over time. I am hoping she will be able to take some steps on her own by next week. It's so funny to see her crawling on the floor next to Kiley, who is also crawling all over the place now. Despite being sick, Hayden is so much happier now and is really enjoying her new freedom.
I have to admit that I was selfishly hoping to be able to get out of the house this week. It has been 2 months since I have taken the girls anywhere (other than preschool for Avery) and I was hoping we would be able to go to the park or the store or somewhere. But, if we had to get sick, I am glad it was at least without Hayden's cast :) Avery's b-day is on Tuesday and we have preschool at our house next week, so I will post some pictures soon, and hopefully we will all be feeling better by then.
I Do Now
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment