Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Countdown to Cast-off


Well, I can hardly believe it, but Hayden gets her cast off in 3 days!! This Friday is the big day and we are all so excited. It has actually gone by pretty fast for us surprisingly. The first few weeks were definitely the hardest, and it has been a challenge trying to get places at times, but for the most part it has gone pretty well. Hayden has done remarkably well and we are very grateful that she has adjusted well to this lifestyle. It is going to be interesting to see how she does when the cast comes off. The doctor said she will most likely sit on the couch for a few days at first, but she will gradually build up the strength in her legs and should be able to walk again without needing any physical therapy. I will update her progress soon, and in the meantime we will continue the countdown...

3 comments:

cwilson said...

How exciting! Kids are so resilient...she'll probably be up and running in a few days! Good luck tomorrow!

Amy & Leland Sherwood said...

Brooke,
You guys are on my mind...thinking about how tomorrow will go for you. I will be thinking and praying that everything goes PERFECT! Please call me if there is anything you need at all.

Christy said...

That is awesome! I bet you are so excited.