Monday, June 21, 2010

Tea Party

A few weeks ago, I walked out into the living room and saw this:Avery set up their princess table and chairs and got a dress-up outfit for her and both of her sisters. They had a tea party all by themselves, and it was to entertaining to watch them.

Some of their drink "concoctions" were pretty hilarious. I think Avery was pouring "chocolate juice" in this picture.
Pretty soon, all four sides of this table will be filled with girls. We'll have to get another chair when that happens. It's still hard to believe that we will have four girls in our family! Avery can't wait to meet her and be my big helper with her baby sister. It has been so nice to have a 6-year-old around the house lately! There have been a few mornings when I have woken up and come into the kitchen to find all three girls eating cereal and watching cartoons. Avery is getting so independent now, and is growing up so much. She has already lost 6 teeth and is working on her 7th. We love her so much and she is really a sweet kid.
Hayden is growing up a lot too, although she is still our little Hayden. She is full of surprises, and we never know what is going to come out of her mouth. She is definitely our animal lover, and each day it seems like she picks a new animal to imitate. It is usually the animal that is being rescued on Diego that day. A few days ago, her animal of choice was a lama. All of her stuffed animals became her lamas and she went around making this very unique sound that she had heard on Diego. Hayden definitely has her moments of screaming and frustration, but tells me several times throughout the day that she loves me and that I am her best friend. How can you be mad at that?
Kiley is definitely a 2-year-old now. She has some looks she gives that could absolutely kill anyone. She does not like to be told "No," although she enjoys saying it back to me several times a day. She is also growing up so much too. (It's amazing that kids do that, isn't it?!) She is talking so much now and she actually thinks she is bilingual now from watching Dora and Diego. The other day Kiley was climbing on the bleachers at the girls' swimming lessons and she needed help getting down from the top. All of a sudden, I heard her say, "Ayudame! Ayudame!" In case you didn't know, that means "Help me!" in Spanish and that phrase is used quite frequently on Nick Jr. That probably tells how much my children watch TV, but I really am working on limiting it :) It is hard in the summer!
Well, I am getting bigger and am now 24 weeks along. We are really excited to meet our newest little girl in October, although I am glad we still have a few months before she comes. Not so glad to be pregnant throughout the summer, but I can handle it for a few more months :) Having a pool definitely helps! Happy 1st day of Summer today!

4 comments:

Erin said...

The Tea Party is so girly and fun! A tea party would never happen here. You are a great mom to those girls!

cwilson said...

That is so cute! Your girls are lucky to have sisters to play with.

The Tyler's said...

That is too cute!
I die every time I see your girls because they are all mini Jensen girls!!
I'm sure you are looking adorable with that baby belly.
I'll be in AZ for all of July so I will give ya a call!

Trisha said...

Cute tea party! I love girls for this very reason. They love to feel pretty and dress up from the very beginning.