Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall Break

Avery had Fall Break last week - a whole week off of school. Most kids jump up and down and cheer when there's no school, but she actually cried on Monday when I told her she didn't have school for the week. She said, "But I won't get to see Mrs. K." She loves her kindergarten teacher so much, and she was so sad that she wouldn't get to see her. I tried to plan something to do every day that week though so she would at least have something to look forward to. Here is how our week went:

Monday - Kohls, JCPenney, and Fry's (with all 3 kids - I don't know what I was thinking. We went through a lot of fruit snacks and crackers at those stores.)

Tuesday - Avery had a dentist appt. and then we went to the new public library to play on the computers and check out some books and DVDs. Love free entertainment :)

Wednesday - Went to playgroup at the park, took Ginger to the vet, realized I left my stroller in the parking lot at the park, drove back to the park and noticed it was gone, then luckily my friend called me and said she picked it up for me. And thankfully the vet appt. was quick because it was not easy keeping all 3 girls and a puppy contained and happy without any of them strapped into a stroller - but we survived.

That Wed. (Oct. 14th) was also Brandon's birthday. I made a video of all of the girls saying what they loved about Daddy and they each sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Avery also made Brandon a birthday card and helped me wrap the golf shirt we got for him at Kohls. When he got home from work, we actually got to go out on a DATE thanks to our neighbors across the street who babysat at the last minute for us that night. We had a delicious (and quiet) dinner at Olive Garden and then went to Kohls again so Brandon could pick out a few more golf shirts. (He loves the ones they have there and they were on clearance, plus I had some coupons.) After dinner and shopping, we went home and had Dairy Queen ice cream cake with the girls and then we watched the video I made of the girls. It was a fun night and I'm glad Brandon got to relax a little and have a break from his stressful week :)


Oreo Blizzard Cake - sinfully delicious!!

Brandon was so thrilled when I grabbed the camera :)

Daddy's girls (minus Kiley who was sleeping).

Thursday - My sister Kelsey came out to our house with her girls. She cut and highlighted my hair (which needed it desperately) and then showed me how to make some cute hairbows. She is so talented and crafty. The girls had a blast playing together and they loved the dog. That was a fun day.

Friday - We drove up to Phoenix to see Brandon's Grandma, who we hadn't seen in quite a while. The girls and Ginger had fun playing in her backyard and we had a nice visit with her. Then Avery got to go home with Brandon's mom and spend the night at her house. They got to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" at the theater which was a lot of fun. I don't know if any of you read that book as a kid, but it was one of my very favorite books when I was younger. She had a great time at Grandma's.

When Monday morning came around, Avery couldn't wait to get dressed for school. She was so excited to see Mrs. K again and all her friends. Although we had a fun week, I was ready for her to go back to school too :)

4 comments:

cwilson said...

It's amazing how having kids home from school can wear you out!!! Especially when you remember you did it every week before they started kindergarten! Sounds like a fun week though!!

Trisha said...

Kayla was the same way. She asked every morning if it was the day to go back to school because she missed her friends too much!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Brandon! Cute pictures. That is great that Avery loves school so much and had such a good teacher.

The Tyler's said...

Way too go on planing so much fun stuff! The end of the week usually drags of forever for us. We don't have fall break here in VA because they don't start till Sept.
I was hoping to see a pic of your new do!!...and the bows!