Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

A few weeks ago, the girls and I went to a Sleeping Beauty play in Gilbert, AZ. My Mom bought tickets for my sisters and I and our girls. It was at the Hale Theatre in downtown Gilbert.

Avery & Hayden wore their princess dresses to the play and brought their Sleeping Beauty dolls with them. They had so much fun dressing up and watching the play.


While we were waiting for my mom and sisters to get there, Avery & Hayden were dancing and playing on the stairs like princesses.
The theatre is kind of an interactive amphitheatre with the stage on the floor and all of the seats surrounding it. We were actually on the front row, so the characters were literally within reaching distance at some points in the play. I was a little nervous for my girls to be right in the front, but they did really good at staying in their seats.
On the left is my sister Kelsey's girls Scout and Ellie, and then there's Avery and Hayden. This was during intermission.
These were the 3 fairies in the play. The storyline and characters were slightly different than the ones in the movie, but they were really cute and the girls were so excited to get their picture taken with them.
Of course, Sleeping Beauty was the most popular character to meet after the play was over, so we had to wait in line to see her. But, the girls finally had their chance to meet the princess and get a picture with her. They loved it.
After the play we had lunch and ice cream cones and the girls got to play for a little while. It was such a fun day and the girls loved hanging out with their cousins. We wished my sister Lynndsey could have been there with her girls too, but hopefully she will be there at our next girl cousin outing :)

7 comments:

Lonni said...

How cute Brooke! I can't wait to do the whole princess thing! Your girls are adorable!

Amy & Leland Sherwood said...

Oh how fun Brooke.... Reiann would have loved that!!! The girls are getting soo big and beautiful!!

cwilson said...

How fun! Your mom is so cute to do that! I bet it was such a good time! Gotta love girl outings!

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

So many fun things I have to look forward to with Grace! Great picture of you, Avery, and Hayden. I love you hair. It's super cute short!

Trisha said...

What a fun day! Your girls look adorable in their dresses.

Laura said...

That looks like the night of a lifetime for those little girls. Don't you just love having girls!

Hayley said...

Oh my goodness- a little girl's dream at come true! What a fun day and what a sweet mom! Your girlies could not have looked any cuter in their dresses too- I don't doubt you had just as much fun as they did.... just admit it :)