Monday, April 27, 2009

I Love My Girls

Last Sunday I took the girls outside after church to take some pictures of them. They wanted to twirl around in their dresses. I remember those "twirling" days. I always loved my dresses that I could twirl around in. It was so cute to watch them spin around and watch their dresses spin out. Avery especially had a good time. Her grandma made this green dress for her for her birthday, and it is a great "twirling" dress.
Poor Hayden is not the most coordinated child out there, but she tries. It will be interesting to see what she likes doing when she gets older. Hopefully she grows out of her uncoordinated stage. She sure makes us laugh though.


Despite their usual fighting, Avery & Hayden really do love each other and get along pretty well. They give each other hugs a lot (usually after they apologize for hitting the other one :) Hayden especially loves to give hugs and kisses. We have been working on potty training her lately and she for some reason hasn't gotten the #2 down in the potty yet (which can be messy and frustrating). Last night I spent quite a lot of time cleaning up Hayden, as well as the bathroom, and I felt myself getting angry and upset. When she was finally clean I helped her put some new clothes on and she just gave me this huge squeeze and kiss and said, "I love you mommy." It was so sweet, it just melted the anger away. I knew she was trying and for some reason it's just taking longer than it did for Avery. But, I was reminded in that moment by a loving Heavenly Father that He loves all of His children, especially the innocent little children that He has blessed us to have in our families, more than even we can love them. Being a mom is definitely a hard job, but I wouldn't trade it for the world, stinky messes and all.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I loved spinning too. It makes me wonder when I grew out of that. It was so fun! I love all the pictures. When I saw the ones of Hayden I had this memory of Brandon sitting out in the foyer at church with a baby Hayden on his lap. I can't believe how quickly they grow and change. Also, we are coming to visit the last half of May! I hope we can come and bug you for some play dates!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the pictures! I love those girls and need to see if Hayden can have a "twirling" dress too.

Lonni said...

Your girls are so beautiful Brooke! I have never experienced the whole spinning thing....makes me excited for my lil girl!

Shannon said...

I loved thse twirling days too! The girls are sooo cute! I want to get together and let the kids play!